Two renowned architects from the USA, Douglas E. Gilbert and Leonard Koroski, visited Villa Tugendhat in September and December of the year 2009. Both of them work in Chicago and are linked professionally with the University of Illinois, the home university of Ludwig Mies van der Rohe and his American production. The activities of both figures have a shared feature, with both having been recently responsible for monument renewal of Mies’ buildings: 860-880 Lake Shore Drive Apartments (1951) and Farnsworth House (1949–1951). They understandably arrived in Brno with a complete knowledge of the work of this world-famous architect and were deeply impressed by Villa Tugendhat. During their tour they discovered identical elements and details characteristic for Mies’ architecture. Leonard Koroski restored Farnsworth House in cooperation with the architect Dirk Lohan, the grandson of Ludwig Mies van der Rohe and the holder of the authorial rights. Both architects committed themselves to future cooperation on the monument renewal of Villa Tugendhat, including consultation on the technological processes and well as the exchange of know-how on the demanding rehabilitation of the Brno structure, the most authentic work by this world-famous architect upon the European continent.