The palace of the Moravian industrialist Franz Klein was reconstructed on the Grosser Platz (currently náměstí Svobody) in 1848 by the Viennese architects Theophil Hansen and Ludwig Förster (1847-48). This consisted of a new type of burgher house in terms of layout with a range of technical innovations and with cast-iron architectural features on the main façade. The cast-iron not only served as a construction and artistic novelty, but also as an advertisement for the area of business of the owner. The Franz von Klein Palace became a genuine demonstration of Modernity.