The construction of the Villa was completed in August 1930 (it was visited and surveyed on approximately 30-31 August by the American architect Philip Johnson). The construction approval was issued after completion of the interior and permission to make use of the building was given on 1st of December 1930. Soon after the family moved in and Grete Tugendhat was registered as the owner in the land register.