The First Degradation of the Structure

font size A A default


The curved Makassar ebony wall is removed from the main living area of the Villa at some point no later than autumn 1940. The German soldier and student of architecture Louis Schoberth, who made friends with the caretaker of the house (apparently with Gustav Löss) examined the Villa in detail in October or November. Schoberth prepared a report in the autumn of 1940 where he states that the furnishings and half-circular wall in the dining room has been sold off cheaply. There was an additional threat that the built-in closets and the onyx walls were to be cut up and used for gravestones.