The 1950s in Czechoslovakia saw the liquidation of civil society and its unification. It was a period of political trials, persecution and murders.
The building became the property of the Czechoslovak Republic in October 1950 and was assigned to the State Institute for Curative Physiotherapy.
The Tugendhat Family returned from Venezuela to Switzerland.
Mies designed a weekend house on a secluded wooded site in Illinois for the successful Chicago doctor Edith Farnsworth over the years 1945-51. The initial enthusiasm on the part of the client with the...
The first stage of the construction of the Faculty Children's Hospital in Brno on Černopolní street not far from Villa Tugendhat (project Bedřich Rozehnal 1947-48) was carried out in 1949-50. A remarkable...